Meditation: The Art of Living and Being in the World
This 200 Hour Meditation Teacher Training is based on the ancient practice of Yoga Nidra Meditation. Mindful Rest Yoga Nidra is a practice of meditative Self-inquiry which can be used as a technique to induce deep relaxation, overcome insomnia, reduce the effects of stress, resolve trauma, overcome addictions, anxiety, depression, fear, anger and self-limiting beliefs and patterns.
Yoga Nidra Meditation is an accessible, easy to practice technique that is specifically designed to allow you to enter a sleep-like state while remaining consciously alert and awake. In this state we become witness to the nature of our body, thoughts, emotions and beliefs; unlocking the integrative power of the subconscious and higher levels of consciousness creating a shift from the deepest core of our being. This powerful technique has the potential to heal that which creates suffering and empowers you to awaken inner potentiality, creativity and insights.
In this Yogic Meditation we move beyond concepts, emphasizing embodiment which enhances our resiliency and well-being deeply integrated into everyday life. Neuroscience shows how these simple practices can make these shifts in a relatively short period of time. As brain structures grow, negative conditions of mind such as blame and shame are deactivated, while the nervous system responsible for relaxation, wholeness and connectedness, is activated.
This Certification is open to all:
- For all individuals who want to reshape their life to bring total freedom, health and happiness.
- Yoga Teachers who wish to bring a deeper level of integration into their practice and teaching.
- Healing Professionals and Therapists who wish to expand their current services with a unique method of self-healing from stress related health problems.
This training consists of 5 weekend retreats from October 2016 - April 2017 as well as weekly classes (whether in person or online). Details on the weekly class can be found here, additional class options may be added.
"My life has forever been changed through this training. I can confidently say that from this day forward, I will forever be striving to view the world from witness, from Self, acting from a place of Love and pure Light. Thank you for sharing a gift with me that will forever change my path."
The Mindful Restoration Meditation Training offers a complete course in the theory, practice and science of meditation designed to prepare individuals to deliver professional meditation instruction as well as education to their clients, patients, family, colleagues as well as the general public.
- A thorough exploration as well as certification in Mindful Rest Yoga Nidra ~an ancient tantric transformative meditation practice
- An in-depth understanding of the therapeutic benefits of meditation including applications for children, PTSD, anxiety, depression, daily stress, addictions, and self-limiting beliefs and patterns.
- Study of the philosophical teachings of Tantra as found in the Mahanirvana text; Vedanta as written in the Upanishads; Samkhya as revealed in the Samkhya Karika and the Bhagavad Gita; Kashmir Shaivism, as well as the teachings of Yoga found in the Yoga Sutras.
- A highly experiential and integrative practice of meditation which guides systematically and progressively through the three states of consciousness, reawakening our natural ability to consciously live in what is often called the fourth state, superconsciousness.
- A detailed understanding of the effects of meditation on brainwaves, as well as regions in the brain neuroscientists have found can dramatically change as a result of increased inner concentration.
- How to harness the power of intention to define your life's purpose.
- Guided practice sessions, as well as how to teach meditation modules.
- Exploration of complimentary contemporary meditation practices.
- How to integrate the practice of meditation into every aspect of your life
- An understanding of stress and the autonomic nervous system
- A thorough exploration of the pancamaya koshas
- Study of the physiology of meditation including the neuroscience of emotions
- How to develop group meditation classes as well as one-on-one with private clients
- The opportunity to practice Karma Yoga; Selfless Service by bringing the practice of meditation into the community via homeless shelters and those in greater need via Awake in Grace.
$2495 (+gst) includes all weekend retreats, silent meditation retreat, one-on-one mentorship with our Chief Spiritual Officers (Jeff and Sonya), and weekly meditation classes for the duration of the training.
Early Bird Registration before August 31 save $200
$300 Deposit to hold your space, $150 of which is non-refundable.
- October 14-16 2016
- November 11-13 2016
- January 13-15 2017
- February 10-12 2017
- April 7-9 2017
This 200 Hour Training consists of Levels 1, 2 and 3 Mindful Rest Yoga Nidra Certification which may be taken separately. Click here for Level 1 Certification only.
- Friday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Saturday: 7:30am - 9:30pm
- Sunday: 7:30am - 6:00pm